“Trump 24K Gold-Plated”
$75.00 - $300.00
We issued our now notorious “Trump 24K Gold-Plated” and “Trump 14K Gold-Plated” posters in September, 2016 as a warning—two months before the November 6 U.S. presidential election.
To some Americans, the attractive aspects of Donald Trump’s public persona can obscure his repellent views. The tension in our design between positive and negative space—between luxe gold foil letters and the matte black swastika—is meant to mirror this dualism.
We originally offered this poster in exchange for a donation to the ACLU or Planned Parenthood.
• Victoria and Albert Museum (V&A), London
• Museum für Gestaltung Zürich
• Poster Museum at Wilanów, Warsaw
• Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam
• Museum für Kunst und Gewerbe Hamburg
• United States Library of Congress, Washington, D.C.
• Letterform Archive, San Francisco
• Center for the Study of Political Graphics (CSPG), Los Angeles
• “Protest! Resistance Posters” (2018)
Museum für Gestaltung, Zurich
• “Hope to Nope: Graphics and Politics 2008–2018”
Design Museum, London
• “Believe The Hype: Propaganda, The Internet, and New Activisms” (2017)
B4BEL4B Gallery, Oakland
• “TDC63” (2017–2018)
Type Directors Club, New York and other international venues
• “The Design of Dissent” (2017–2019)
Casa del Lago, Mexico City
Mad(e) in Romania Festival, Timisoara
Graphic Matters Festival, Breda
Romanian Design Week Festival, Bucharest
• Communication Arts Design Annual 58
• Communication Arts Typography Annual 7
• “The Design of Dissent, Expanded Edition” by Milton Glaser and Mirko Ilic, published by Rockport Publishers
* * *
EDITION: 35 signed and numbered; 73 unsigned; 2 artists’ proofs
INSCRIBED VERSION: Of the total edition, some of the unsigned posters were inscribed with the following handwritten text: “DESIGNISPLAY.COM/NO TRUMP” and “@DESIGN_IS_PLAY.” (See last image.)
DIMENSIONS: 18.75" x 22.5"
MEDIA: Gold foil stamped with registered embossing on #130 Classic Crest Smooth Epic Black Cover
PRINTING: Oscar Printing / SF
DESIGN: © 2016 Mark Fox and Angie Wang, Design is Play / SF