“Trump: Lord of the Lies”
$100.00 - $120.00
“Trump: Lord of the Lies” revisits our 2016 poster “Trump 24K Gold-Plated” and features the same four whirling letter Ts. This time, however, four flies—agents of pestilence and rot—issue from the central motif. Via platforms like Twitter and Fox News, Trump’s lies are a contagion that spread to the four corners of the earth.
The text “Lord of the Lies” is a reference to William Golding’s 1954 novel and the ancient god Beelzebub, also known as “the lord of the flies” or “the dung-god.” If there is a contemporary embodiment of the dung-god Beelzebub, it is none other than President Donald Trump.
We successfully Kickstarted this poster in the summer of 2020 with the help of 75 funders.
• Museum für Gestaltung Zürich
• Poster Museum at Wilanów, Warsaw
• Museum für Kunst und Gewerbe Hamburg
• Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA)
• Center for the Study of Political Graphics (CSPG), Los Angeles
• Letterform Archive, San Francisco
• Merrill C. Berman Collection
* * *
EDITION: 50 signed and numbered; an unknown number unsigned; 2 artists’ proofs
DIMENSIONS: 18.75 x 22.5 inches
MEDIA: Gold foil, metallic blue foil, and gloss black foil stamped with registered embossing on #130 Classic Crest Smooth Epic Black Cover
PRINTING: Oscar Printing / SF
DESIGN: © 2020 Mark Fox and Angie Wang, Design is Play / SF